Strong, team-based culture
LiveHealthier is the employer of choice for passionate, innovative people who want to grow. We have a strong, team-based culture.
We are looking for talented individuals to join us. Please contact us if you are interested in any of the positions below.
|Date Posted||January 9, 2013|
Director of Business Development
LiveHealthier is a health and wellness company committed to keeping employees healthy and companies strong. We partner with corporations to provide innovative, award-winning employee wellness solutions that bring healthcare costs under control while boosting employee productivity, job satisfaction and morale. We passionately believe in the fundamental right for individuals to live a happy, healthy and balanced life. Our wellness solutions and products are always beautifully designed and innovatively engineered. To learn more about us and our high tech and high touch wellness solutions please visit our website at www.livehealthier.com
LiveHealthier offers a unique and flexible work environment. We are a young, energetic and rapidly-growing company. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who will excel working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment in this newly created role of Director of Business Development.
Reporting to the Vice President of Health Management & Business Solutions, the Director, Business Development will be responsible for driving revenue, from lead generation through to close, within the corporate wellness market. General functions of the role include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Aggressively position our unique capabilities and differentiated value to employers through direct relationships as well as major HR Consulting firms, resulting in sales growth.
- Aggressively prospect for new sales opportunities through relationship building, networking and lead follow-up and generation, resulting in execution of a contract.
- Directly drive sales targeting medium to large self-insured employers – identifying and qualifying leads; segmenting, prioritizing and engaging targets and closing deals.
- Qualify, validate and assess opportunities with established prospects and formulate solutions; manage and track pipeline
- Customize sales presentations to the individual employer opportunity, working closely with the Marketing Department.
- Initiate and drive the RFP process, working closely with the Proposal Unit.
- During proposal solution process, ensure best and most competitive approach and proposal is crafted and delivered all in a timely manner.
- Negotiate best and final offers (BAFO), as well as performance guarantees
- Support new account transition to implementation and client services by effectively working on: initial contracting, statement of work (SOW) within areas of customization.
- Align business development efforts with the internal initiatives (e.g., Book of Business results and Product Releases).
- Develop relationships with internal staff to achieve sales goals and execute a leading health and wellness solution to the customer.
- Oversee and manage channel sales partners.
- Help build the sales function infrastructure.
- Act as the voice of the customer, understanding and translating client needs that feed the Product Development roadmap.
- Assist with developing marketing materials, attend trade shows and industry events and otherwise represent the company to its customers and partners.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience of increasing responsibility and success in sales, business development and/or marketing roles.
- A four-year degree in business or related field, masters preferred.
- Track record of success in Wellness, Health and/or Disease Management services.
- Consultative sales experience selling to VP HR, VP Benefits, CFO, etc.
- Prior experience leading the sales effort for a successful launch and of a new product or service.
- Prior experience wearing multiple hats and proven track-record of growth in early-stage companies preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent in presenting customized solutions to target audiences.
- Experience in networking and lead generation.
- Ability to assess opportunities and present in a fashion that will intrigue the customer.
- Ability to effectively position the pricing in line with customer and company expectations.
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently.
- A demonstrable track record and command of the following personal characteristics:
- Strategic thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to embrace LiveHealthier’s mission and values including:
- Passion for health & wellness
- Personal accountability
- Open & frequent communication
- Celebrating success
- Can you stay productive even when the demands of the job pull you in several different directions?
- Are you comfortable with technology, technology speak and technical products?
- Do you keep user experience front of mind when collaborating internally and externally to build client solutions?
- Are you the type of person who thrives in a dynamic, ever-changing work environment and can always find a better way to accomplish your goals?
- Are you the type of person that places a high degree of importance on doing things right the first time?
- Are you the type of person that takes ownership to anything you commit to, large or small, and feel responsible to follow it through to completion?
- Are you energized by the challenge of recognizing a problem, analyzing the symptoms, identifying what is wrong and finding the solution?
- Can you sort through the clutter, see relevant patterns and issues where others see complexity, play out alternative ways to proceed, evaluate accurately the potential obstacles, cull and make selections until you find the best route?
- Do you use goals as your compass, helping you determine priorities and make the necessary corrections to get back on course?
LiveHealthier offers competitive salaries and benefits packages, including:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan
- We LiveHealthier Wellness Plan
- Subsidized parking/metro
- Generous leave policies
- Casual dress
- PING PONG TABLE
LiveHealthier is certified as a women-owned business (WBENC). This position is located at our headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland and we do not offer a relocation allowance.
This position is located at our headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland and we do not offer a relocation allowance.
Interested candidates will need to provide the following: A resume, a good reason why you’d like to work here and your salary history—all sent as an attachment (or attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Director of Business Development.
Please, no phone calls. Consideration will only be made for full-time applicants for this position. Do not contact us if you are a recruiter or a development firm. Thank you.